Saturday, June 26, 2010

1 Year Old!


"I can't believe I am already 1 year old!"

Wow, what a whirlwind this year has been… I am still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that our little guy is now One Year Old! This month was no different from the others in the fact that Connor was busy going from here to there, but we did manage to hit a few milestones along the way.

This month Connor seemed to really become a BOY – With his personality shining through more and more each day. It was this month where I realized that Connor understands “NO” and for the most part he will listen when you tell him (I hope I didn’t just jinx myself!) When we ask “Where’s Lola?” he will quickly look around, spot her and immediately scoot right on over to her, and give her "hugs"– Our little guy is growing up…

We broadened Connor’s menu this month, and he now enjoys cucumbers, strawberries, whipped cream, waffles, macaroni and cheese, chicken dino’s and he had his first hot dog – which he grinded!

As his birthday was this month, Connor received quite a few new toys, and he even got his first airplane We spend a LOT of time dancing to the music that it plays, walking the airplane around the house, and Connor takes a few trips now and then (thank you Uncle Patrick and Jo Jo.)

“Touchdown” is something that Connor mastered this month, and though he’s very selective when he does it, Joe and I thoroughly enjoy watching his little arms stick straight up in the air when we say the word.

As we are now out of the “infant” phase, I am STILL waiting to hear the word Mama (as he is now saying the neighbors name – Nessa!)

Next month we will take our first airplane ride as a family to Hawaii and I am wondering what that will be like. Will we be walking soon? Is Mama ever going to be in your vocabulary ;) What else is in store for us next month Mr. Khamis???

Happy, Happy to our 1 Year old ::: gulp :::

Connor's new favorite toy!
Like father, like son
Swimming with Papa Kenny, Daddy and Bella
Bubble Fun
Having fun with Daddy

"Hi Mom!"

3 comments:

  1. That must be one lucky neighbor:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm. Does Connor have crocs on?!? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Yes, he is sporting the crocs BUT he needs something for Hawaii... and they do have skulls on them, so they're kinda cute, right????

    ReplyDelete