Sunday, March 27, 2011

21 Months Old

Who is 21 Months old? "I AM!"


I was reading an article the other day, and it was talking about toddlers right around Connor's age, and when I came across the sentence "Your toddler's temperament is becoming more apparent with each passing day" I cannot tell you how true that is.  In the last month, I would say that Connor's vocabulary has doubled ( which is so much fun) but he has also shown that he is in fact, getting closer to those terrible two's!!  He is extremely independent, likes to make his own decisions and gets very frustrated when you tell him that he can't have something or can't do something.  He is also showing that he is a little impatient... hmmm, wonder where he gets that from (I take full responsibility for that trait.)


BUT, he is also cracking us up more and more everyday with his dance moves, conversations that he has with us, his expressions, when he reads us books,  how he has to throw everything in the trash and his LAUGH.  The kid is a hoot!  


Big moments this Month:
  • Connor started coloring this month and is so proud of it.  While he's coloring, you will hear him complimenting himself on his work. "Oh.."  "Wow.."   It's hilarious. 
  • Sleeping in - I don't know what happened this month, but Connor has been sleeping in later and later ( It's 8:30 a.m. right now, and he's still asleep!)  A boy after my own heart.  
  • Using his left hand for almost everything.  Who knows, he may be the first Khamis to be left handed!
  • Visits to the OC Great Park and Zoomars with Ruby.
  • Loving his music class on Fridays (My favorite is when we leave - Connor will totally bust out in tune while sitting in his carseat on the way home - "You, you, you, you and me, me!")
  • Learning our number and colors - Now, we have been working on this with Connor for a while now, and I think we are beginning to show signs of progress!  Well, it kinda goes like this -Erin or Joe: One....  Connor:  twwwwoooooo, five.  So hey, we are getting somewhere.
Connor, you continue to teach us something new everyday, and you are growing into such a confident, energetic and outgoing little boy.  You have a big heart, and as Daddy puts it " He's a lover" and we wouldn't have it any other way.  Next month, you will go on your second airplane ride, and we can't wait to see your reaction.  LOTS to look forward to in the next few months.  We love you, bug.  
We take our coloring very seriously


Eating like such a big boy (with Mater, of course)

Connor in his full glory on his "Go-Go"

No comments:

Post a Comment