Friday, October 7, 2011

Love at first sight

Grant William Khamis
September 23, 2011

In the early morning of September 23, 2011, I had a contraction that woke me out of a deep sleep.  It literally took my breath away, and five minutes later, another monstrous jolt to my belly followed.  I then stood up and felt a trickle of water down my leg, and said "Joe, I think I just wet myself!"  He replied with "are you sure that isn't your water breaking?" A few phone calls later, a shower and a painful walk to the car, and  we were off to the hospital to meet our baby boy.

This experience was completely different from the first time around because I was 1. not expecting contractions or my water to break 2. was scheduled to have my c-section five days later and 3. had no idea how PAINFUL contractions really are - wow.

The whole process from start to finish went very quickly (thank goodness) and at 2:23 a.m. on September 23, 2011, Grant William Khamis arrived!  All a mother wants to hear when delivering her baby is for them to belt out that tiny little screeching cry, and we heard it loud and clear.  His arms wide and flaring and his lungs loud and wailing - He was finally here.  I just remember thinking  "My life is forever changed, I am now a mother of two." It was a surreal moment for me.

Grant was 6 pounds, 5 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long.  The jury was out on the color of his hair (lots of family were pulling for another red head) though it was evident when he made his debut that he would be our brunette.

This time around I knew what to expect, knew how the procedure was going to go, and I felt so much more alert and at ease with everything.  

It's amazing to me that you can love someone so much within an instant of seeing them, as if you have had this little being your entire life.  He was just perfect and it was for sure one of the proudest days of my life!



Contractions in full effect
Welcome to the world Grant William Khamis!  You are such a blessing...
Just a minute old and already giving us the bird
 Holding my baby for the first time, seconds after he was born.
6 pounds, 5 ounces and 18.5 inches long
 Daddy, Mommy and Baby
 My little love.
He is already so loved...
Connor meeting his brother for the very first time - A precious moment
And baby makes four... The Khamis Family!

 Ready to head home
and so the journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment