Friday, February 24, 2012

Grant is 5 Months Old!

"I'm 5 months old and I am as cute as ever (or so my mom says)!"

Here we are again, a month later - and Grant is growing like a weed.  He has started to show signs that he is not completely full after his six ounce bottles anymore, so he's now up to seven!

This month was the first time that Mommy and Daddy left both boys for an extended amount of time - 5 Days!  Connor held down the fort at home, while Grant traveled to two of his grandparents houses for sleepovers.  He got rave reviews for the most part, but both sets let us know how much he loves to be held.

He is smiling, talking and twist/turning more and more everyday, though we still have not seemed very interested in rolling over?  That's o.k., in all due time.  He is becoming quite the charmer, and will look at you from a far with those brown eyes, and give you the cutest darn grin you've ever seen.  I am loving his age right now... Truly precious.

Still sleeping like a champ, and becoming more enamored by his brother.  One thing I cannot get enough of is the two of them together - I pretend like I am leaving the room, and ask Connor "to watch" Grant for a moment -- I stand outside the door, with my head poking around the corner, just to watch the two of them alone.  Lately, every time Connor sees Grant, he'll do a once over rub on his head, followed with a very sincere pitched "You feeling better Grant?"  Not sure where this came from, or even what it means, but it's freakin' adorable.

Our little G-Dubby has also started sucking his thumb -- Which means a tooth is right around the corner, or he is going to be my thumb sucker.  And he is very close to holding his own bottle.  Maybe next month.

Grant, your bright eyes and sweet giggles make us all so happy.  The way you rub your eyes when you start getting sleepy and the squeals you make when you get excited make everyday better - Oh, and that little face of yours, well, I won't even get into that!  Next month we are on to solids... Get excited little one!

 Mr. Grant in his bumbo
While Connor is "watching" Grant - Just loves him.
Loves his thumb these days
Mommy and her Dubby
..a little love
Our sweet baby 

1 comment:

  1. I can NOT believe Grant is already 5 months old! And way to go Mama - you are so timely with your monthly posts!! I hope I can stay on the ball when #2 arrives....

    ReplyDelete