Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree...

Every year we head to the Christmas tree lot to pick out the "perfect" tree. It never fails that I end up laughing the entire time, while Joe gets frustrated as he becomes covered in needles, sap and water. For whatever reason, every year is the same, and this year did not let us down. Though, as we were getting ready to leave, Joe informed me that this year "I am bringing my own tools" ( hoping that this would change the outcome.)

We picked probably the coldest night of the year to go find our tree ( it read 39 degrees in my car) so I knew that things would go down hill from there. As we strolled up, I let Joe know that we needed to make this a "quick trip" as we had Connor with us and I was afraid that he'd freeze to death... As usual, Joe walked through all the rows and shook about 10 to 15 different trees. I just didn't like ANY that he was showing me "umm, no, too big" "No not that one, it's not full enough" "That one looks too skinny". I could visually see the frustration begin to set in and I starting laughing because Joe soon became COVERED in water, sap, and needles (did I mention that it was 39 degrees??)

Well we finally settled on one ( after about the 16th tree, I didn't have the heart to have him continue) and though it's a little big on the bottom, it's perfect for us this year.

We also got a few cute pics out of the trip

"Oh Christmas Tree, Oh, Christmas Tree, of all the trees most lovely"

He thinks he found it (gloves and all)

Using his own"tools"

"Erin, what about this one?"

Connor's first trip to the Christmas tree lot

Though it was cold, he stil had a great time

We found our perfect tree

No comments:

Post a Comment