Thursday, December 30, 2010

18 Months Old

I'm a year and a half old, and I LOVE to chat!

Wow.... It is very hard to believe that our little guy is a year and a half old today. Only  6 months until he is 2???  What.   And I don't know if it's because we have crossed over the the "other side" of one, but goodness, this boy is REALLY starting to come out of his shell.  Much more (how do I say it??) vocal, and very communicative.  We have full on conversations now ( and I am eating it up...)  One of my favorites from this month is bedtime.  We read stories (stories that he picks out, btw), and then when it's "time for ni-ni"  I rock Connor in my arms (in the dark), while we recap the day and discuss what's on the agenda for tomorrow.  His sweet "Hi" while we are swaying in the dark just makes my whole day.  It's just the sweetest.

Other big moments this month:
  • No more PACIFIER - Yep, Connor's a big boy now.  I had really worried about this day for a while, but he is adjusting just fine without it ( we still have Teddy and Football, the blanket.)  
  • Christmas Lights - Loved them this year.  Every time we took a walk at night, we would get a big "Ohhh!" and his chocolate eyes would get as big as saucers when we passed lights. 
  • Shoes -This boy was very into shoes this month, trying on any pair that he could find.  Men's, Woman's, his own - he didn't care. 
  • Patience - Connor showed a new side to himself this month - LACK of patience.  If he could not figure something out, or could not get something to work, BOY we knew it ( I wonder where he gets that from???)... 
  • Connor is now taking one nap a day.
  • Meeting Santa, first time caroling, taking a ride on a train, and spending time in Room 3 at Pomona elementary.
Connor, what a month it has been.  Things have finally started to slow down so that I can sit and write about all you did this month.  I know we say this every month, but it's true, you just get better and better.  Thank you for all the laughs, expressions and conversation.  You are a doll, Mr. Bug.


No more paci, but still finds comfort in Teddy and Football.

Walking in other people's shoes!

Discussing the day with his favorite person on the planet

Trying on his DJ Lance glasses from Yo Gabba-Gabba (thanks Cari) 

So excited to see Santa!

Enjoying every minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment