"I'm 23 months old, and I can't wait to be 2!!"
I am having a really hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that our little man is going to be two years in just 30 short days... This is crazy. It seems like I JUST had him.
We kept pretty busy this month, and there were a few moments in his 22 month of life when Joe and I looked at each other and said "he is growing up!" Like when it's time to go to bed, Connor will take it upon himself to walk up the stairs - no crawling up the stairs, NO help from Mommy or Daddy, and NO hand holding. Or when he's in the middle of doing something, he will gently take his hand, push me away and say "No thank you Mama" (I crack up every time he does it, reminding myself that he already wants his own space at times.)
Highlights from 22:
- Going to the San Diego Zoo with the Khamis cousins - Connor is very into gorilla's these days and loved looking at them and the hyena's ( thanks to the book "Good Night Gorilla")
- Spending the weekend in Rancho Santa Fe for Mother's Day
- Visiting Chuck E Cheese for the first time (which he loved) - Happy Birthday Kinsley!
- Pretending that he is going to the bathroom on the potty - He will sit on top of the trash can in the bathroom, make a few noises and say "Mama, I go pee pee."
- "Racing" with Daddy - It's become a before bedtime ritual
- Counting to TEN - Yep, he counted to ten the other day SO nonchalantly, like he has been doing it for years. I think Joe and I were way more excited about it then Connor was.
- New phrases this month include: "Bless you, Mama" "Oh Dear" and "just a little bit"
- Going swimming with Mommy and Daddy in the jacuzzi - a BIG highlight for Connor (I see lots of "swimming" this summer in the backyard)
- Planting a garden in the backyard and checking on our tomatoes daily "Mama, their right there."
- Hitting a pinata for the first time at "Rudy's" Elmo birthday party
Geez, we were busy! Connor, next month is going to be a blast, you will be TWO and we have a few special things in store for you... You are our special boy, and we are just smitten with you and ALL you do. Love you "sugar" (something else you started saying this month!)
San Diego Zoo - 2011
The whole group!
Very busy with his trucks this month - The boy is OBSESSED.
Movie night with the Hogan boys
Having so much fun with his cousins
Picking oranges with Grandpa
Loves being in the water
The kid has officially taken over my iphone.
Our guy.

No comments:
Post a Comment