Thursday, June 23, 2011

Two Years Ago, Today...

June 23, 2009
Connor Josef,

Yep, another year has already past and you are now a two year old Boy!  Your Mommy and Daddy have been talking about your birthday a LOT lately because we just can't believe that our baby boy is one year older (I have a feeling we will say that with each birthday you have.)  This year has been the most rewarding year of our lives, and we have you to thank for that.

It seems like just yesterday, I had you at 7:37 a.m. and the instant, overwhelming feeling of love was indescribable (and very special.)   Moments after you were born I can so vividly remember looking over at you thinking "Oh my goodness, I just hope I do a good job with him."  I was so nervous the first year of your life about EVERYTHING - Is he eating enough, sleeping enough, hitting all those "milestones" ?  But your 2nd year of life was different.  I relaxed a bit and just thoroughly enjoyed you.  Enjoyed watching you learn how to walk, how to talk, cheered as you distinguished different colors, letters and numbers, laughed when you were filthy dirty from playing in the gutter water and just smiled while I watched you interact with your friends.

You are such a sweet, gentle, kind boy and we could not be more proud of you and who you are becoming.   You are the first thing we talk about in the morning and the last thing we discuss before we go to bed.  Connor, you have brought so much joy to this family and your Mommy and Daddy love you to pieces.  Your dad just recently asked me "Do you think other parents love their kids as much as we love  Connor?"  Even after I assured him that all parents love their children as much as we love you, he came back with " Really, you think so?  Because I REALLY love that little guy."  I think he is even blown away with the love that he feels for you.  It's precious.

This year, you will have a new brother to play with, to love and to look after, and we think he is the luckiest boy on the planet to have you as his big bro.  We know you will be great with him.

Happy 2nd Birthday Bug.  We hope you have enjoyed this ride as much as we have! You make everyday that much better.

June 23, 2011 - Wow, look at how big you have gotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment