Monday, September 5, 2011
Like a ton of bricks
As we are rounding the corner, and are on the home stretch with our new arrival, it is finally starting to hit me that Connor is no longer going to be the only child in the house. He will soon have to share the attention, his toys and our TIME with his brother - For whatever reason, this is making me feel a little, well, sad for him.
I know that his brother is going to bring him so much joy and happiness but I can't help but think that his whole world is about to change, and things will never be the same. I just hope that he adjusts to his new found life with ease.
So recently, I have noticed that I have been holding him a little longer before bedtime, sitting just a smidge closer to him on the couch and allowing him to stay up just a little longer than usual (even reading books in Mommy and Daddy's bed), so that we can have just a little more of "our" time.
And on top of this, my little boy starts "pre" pre-school tomorrow! As Joe has told me over and over, "Erin, really, it's going to be just fine" but there is something about dropping my 27 month old off at a school at 9:00 a.m. and not return to get him until 1:00 p.m. that makes me SO NERVOUS- Did I mention that he even eats his lunch there???? Gulp... But I am sure he will do fine.
Wish us (more like me) luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment