Friday, September 9, 2011

Connor's First Day of School


Tuesday, September 6, 2011 was a BIG day in the Khamis house.  Connor went to school (well, "pre" pre-school) for the first time!

We had talked it up quite a bit, and he was eager to take his lunch pail, meet Miss Karen and some new friends at his school.

Joe and I dropped him off, and he was immediately engrossed with all the new trucks, puzzles, etc. that he saw, and did not have a hard time at all seeing us leave.  We were feeling good about Connor and how independent he was getting "because he didn't even cry!"

BUT then, I picked him up... and the boy was in hysterics!  He was crying at the gate, walking back and forth and when I saw his face, I felt like I could not get to him fast enough. When I did finally pick him up, his heart was pounding, he put his head on my shoulder, and said " I real sad, Mommy come get me!"  I felt SO bad for my little guy, who I thought was going to be just fine...

He didn't talk the whole way home, but after a few hours, he did let me know that he had fun.  When I asked if he wanted to go back to school, his response was a quick "No" with an added head shake.  Uh-oh.

We will see how he does next Tuesday!


 Connor's welcome letter from his teacher 
Getting excited for his first day of school.
REALLY happy about taking his lunch pail with him

Eager to start his day



No comments:

Post a Comment