June 23, 2009 - Three years ago today.
Dear Connor K. (how you refer to yourself these days),
As I sit down to write you your yearly birthday letter, I truly can't believe that you are three years old, and that you have a 9 month old little brother! Wow, when people said "enjoy every moment, because it goes by so quick" they were not kidding.
I will say that as you have been approaching "3" I have seen quite a change in your demeanor. You are much more vocal about things, which can be a good thing and a not so good thing. Your ability to communicate is astounding, and we all are amazed with HOW MUCH YOU talk (I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.) You still can be shy, but for the most part, you are very outgoing. We have noticed that you are also becoming quite the confident little guy with comments like "Mom, I don't look handsome, I look VERY handsome", " you know Mommy, I'm a really good dancer, and I'm funny too - hahahahaha" and "see him Mommy, that's my friend!" You are also not as cautious as you once were. You want to climb and jump off everything - I guess that's a sign that you are growing up.
You have had a lot of change in the past year too, most notably, the arrival of your little brother. You could not have been better with the transition of having two of you in the house. You are always asking "Mommy, where's Dub?" and you love that he just adores you. I can tell that you two are going to be very close ( which is the best feeling a mother can have), but now that Grant is crawling, you don't really care for sharing your toys with him.
Connor, sometimes we have trying days, but overall, we are so proud of you! You have an uncanny ability to bring a smile to anyone that interacts with you. You also have such a kind heart. Just recently, I asked you "What makes you happy?" and you gave me that darling ponderous look, and simply answered "Hugs." You love asking questions, and you have starting saying "Remember when ..." and "I fin do it" for just about everything . You are constantly inquiring about one thing or another, and we are convinced you love hearing yourself talk.
BIG Milestones as a Three Year Old:
- Trying Gum for the very first time, on your 3rd birthday (which you swallowed shortly after putting it in your mouth)
- Reciting all of the ABC's and all of their sounds
- Officially left handed
- Writing three of the four letters in your name
- Potty Trained!
- Knows the address and city of where you live
- Deciding that you are "going to marry Ruby"
- Transitioning to a Big Boy bunk bed (and you ask every night if you can sleep on the top bunk -- Not until you are four, buddy.)
- Still takes a good two hour nap daily (Thank you, thank you, thank you!)
- Knows when the clock reads 8:00 p.m. because then it's time for bed
- Being an older Brother
Connor, the joy you bring to this entire family is insurmountable. We love you to the moon and back buddy.
"Hugs" and kisses to our darling oldest boy.
Connor J. Khamis - 3 years old

No comments:
Post a Comment