Mr. Grant had a pretty rough month - He was just not content, and seemed just a little off. Well, about a week ago, we finally figured out the culpret - It was the SIX (yes, six at one time) teeth that decided to make their debut all at once. Poor little guy. There were even a few nights that I had to go in a rock him back to sleep, becuase he was in so much pain.
But I think we have turned a corner, and our happy little guy is back. Grant showed us a lot about himself this month - His strength (no kidding, this boy is abnormally strong), his ability to pull himself up on just about anything, his ear peircing squeel if you take something away from him, his patience (or lack there of), oh, and his size -- He is now wears all 18 month clothes, and shoes just don't work for his pudgy little feet (which breaks my heart because I have a few REALLY cute pairs for him.)
And another thing to note -- He said it this month. Yep, my second boy to have their first word be "Dada." I had really tried to push "Mama" on him, so that Joe would not be 2 for 2 with the first word being his and so I would not have to listen to the bragging that goes along with it. All I can say is, I tried... Oh well, maybe now we will have to go for three, so I can get that "Mama"?!
Grant also has taken a liking to watermelon, asparagus and blueberries - His face is pretty priceless when he tastes these new foods.
Dubby (as your brother calls you), your smile truly makes us ALL melt, and we love that laugh of yours. It almost sounds like a quiet hiss, but boy, it's so darn cute -- Your scoot around the house is getting faster and faster, and I have a feeling with your determination, you will be walking very shortly. Your naps seem to be getting shorter (just about 1 1/2 hours in the morning, and just about an hour in the afternoon), so lets work on getting a little more beauty sleep. We can't believe how quickly you are becoming a little boy. You are precious, and we just adore you.
Connor was adament that Grant put on his rain boots (which almost didn't fit)
Kisses for Mr. Giraffe
Ahh... So there was a reason for a cranky boy for the past few weeks - Yep, SIX teeth have come through!
Connor giving Grant a lesson on crawling "Dubby, watch me. You do it like this"
So happy to be on the move.
G-Dubs new ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment