Our trashy three year old
...and what a "trashy" party it was. If you know Connor, you are very aware of his slight obsession with Trash Trucks (and has been for years now.) On Tuesdays, we wait and wait for the trash trucks (yes, three different ones come by) and then when they leave, Connor asks if we can get in the car and follow them around the neighborhood (and there have been a few times where I have given in to his request.) So, when we asked what type of birthday party he wanted for the big "3", it was no surprise that he asked for a Trash Truck Party - But I had never heard of this theme before, so I knew that I was going to need some help with the execution -- Thank goodness for the Internet, because though there were not a lot of them out there, I did get some good ideas.
We decided on having it at the park, and we would create our own "Dump" with actual trash for the kids to pick up ( I wish you could have seen Joe's "really, are you kidding me?" face when I explained my vision to him.) BUT the dump was a success and the kids LOVED it! We all could not believe how entertained the kids were simply with "trash!" Who knew?? Very cost effective and fun to watch.
We had a "Junk Food" table (Connor spent quite a bit of time at it), trash trucks for the kids to color, and TONS of trash!
Connor is still talking about his "trashy" party. I wonder what he will want to do next year??!!
A few pics from Connor's trashy 3rd birthday party:
Invitations were sent in paper bags (with trash included!)
We hung trash from the rafters...
and had a "trashy" lunch for the kids..
Grant even got into the theme, and had trash all over his red car!

.. and had the CJK "Dump" -- It was a hit.
Served "DIRT CUPS"and had a "trashy" lunch for the kids..
Grant even got into the theme, and had trash all over his red car!
The birthday boy!
Who knew trash could be so much fun?!
Daddy even had some fun with it.
Zoe and Grant got into the action also.
Connor and his lady, Ruby.
Can't believe this little guy is three :::sigh::::
Our trashy three year old - We love you big guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment