September 23, 2011
Grant William, Well Buddy, we made it! A year ago today, VERY early in the morning (2:23 a.m. to be exact), you entered this world and here we are365 days later, celebrating your 1st birthday. I feel like a broken record when I say this, but I truly cannot believe that you are a year old. You are our "baby", we refer to you as the baby, but to be honest, you are not that 6 pound, 5 ounce little bundle that you once were.
This year has blown by, but looking back, I can safely say that I have cherished you and all of your milestones along the way. When we had Connor, your father and I joked about how he was such a Mama's boy, but you have far surpassed him in this department. You and I have a strong bond, and I think it started very early on in the hospital when you were born. You were SO quiet and content while you laid on me, and you still prefer Mommy over anyone else in the whole world. You are most content in my arms (or on my hip), fall asleep with no problem when I am rocking you, and are constantly reaching and calling out my name. Grant, you are officially our "Mama's Boy" and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't love it.
You have been such a joy for this family, and we all dote on you. Very recently, someone said "you know, that boy is so easy to fall in love with!" and we could not agree more. Your name is the first thing that comes out of Connor's mouth when he wakes up "Mommy, where's Dubby?" Yes, we call you Dubby, Dub, Dubs, G-Dub, Dubster. Oh, and sometimes Grant.
You are a very quick study, and it only takes watching something happen once, for you to figure out how to do it ( this is a good and a bad thing.) You love balls "ba", your brother and your milkies. You are a big boy, and have just recently started taking a few steps! You are cautious in your steps, but are SO determined. You are very strong willed and a bit impatient ( I wonder where that comes from?) When people see pictures of you, they ask if it's one of your dad's baby pictures - The two of you look exactly alike.
You also have a very mellow demeanor about you. A few friends commented that "he kinda just takes it all in" and you do - You are very curious, but cautious with people. If they are not familiar, you are very standoffish (my mom said I was the same way when I was little.)
Connor has recently asked " Mom, now that Dubby is one, can he walk and say my name?!" He's just dying to really play with you. You are just perfect, and once again, we can't really remember what it was like when you were not here? You are thriving in every sense of the word, and we love watching you grow. But just promise that I will always be your favorite, o.k.?
You are our little "big boy" and we love every bit of you.
Happy 1st Birthday, Bub.
September 23, 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment