Saturday, September 15, 2012

It's Official

 
He's A PRESCHOOLER!  

Yep, big things happened at the Khamis house last week -- Connor embarked on a new chapter - Preschool.  

And by how he walked himself right into school, marched down that LONG hall, confidently put his backpack in his cubby and gave us a very "ok you can leave now" wave, you would have thought he had been doing this for years.  Not a single tear or "Mommy, you are going to stay with me, right?" Nope, not this three year old.  

Joe was also impressed by his attitude.  I even caught myself being a little sad because of the "lack of sadness" that came from Connor.  He was like an old pro, and it made us so proud of him. 

When I picked him up, I was expecting him to run towards me as fast as he could, screaming "Mommy!" as soon as he saw me, but it didn't happen.  He finished the project he was working on, waited patiently for his sticker from his teacher, and walked over to me with a " Hi Mom, see my sticker?" 

He didn't have much to say about his day on the way home other than he "liked it."  I asked about a billion questions "What did you learn today?" "What was your favorite part?" "Did you meet any new friends?"  I just wanted something, but he gave me very little. You know the one word answers "Good"  and "yep".   It reminded me of when I used to get picked up from school from my mom.  Made me chuckle a bit.  I soon realized, he's just getting older.  This is how it is.   Crazy how time is flying.

 Gearing up for the first day
Picking out his outfit (this was always a big deal for me growing up)


 He at least wanted to hold my hand on the way in.
 ...and he's off!
 Walking down that long hall to classroom #1
 Putting his stuff away
Connor and his teacher, Mrs. Maria on the first day.
Here's to a great school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment