I feel like we are just watching our oldest maturing in every aspect of his life... He is getting a little taller, his shoe size continues to get bigger, his vocabulary keeps us on our toes "Mom, that is just horrible", he is starting to branch out with his eating habits (for a while there, quesadilla's were the only thing on Connor's menu), his questions are more in depth and there is a LOT of thought that goes into his observations... Oh, and did I mention that this kid LOVES to talk?
In the last six months:
- He has become a great student and loves reading Bible stories
- Coloring: He has come a long way in this department
- Loves numbers: He is constantly talking about how old people are and can confidently count to 30
- Has determined that girls are "princesses" and they "wear dresses"
- Has become afraid of the dark and sleeps with his door open (and with a dream light)
- Can ride his bike without his training wheels (his most coveted accomplishment to date - He was SO proud of himself!)
- Proudly asks "do you want to see my muscles" and "I'm WAYYY too big for that"
- Is obsessed with Angry Birds
- Loves the iPAD
- Is VERY interested in the time (how to tell time, what time it gets dark, and looks at the clock quite a bit throughout the day)
Connor has also shown a a little more of an attitude about things, and some days are just ROUGH. Recently, we were having a discussion about something, and when he didn't like the answer that Joe and I gave him (something along the lines of not having candy in the morning), he turned around, looked at us both and said "You two are just a ZERO! You are nothing." Well then... I guess this is the beginning stages of what we have to look forward to in the upcoming years??
But I will say, the relationship with Connor and Grant continues to flourish. It doesn't hurt that Grant literally worships the ground that his older brother walks on, but they truly enjoy each other's company. Connor is constantly keeping Grant entertained with his crazy antics, and I am already noticing that if one isn't around the other is calling for him or looking for him. It's precious and I hope it continues.
Connor is our outgoing, energetic, kind and inquisitive boy. His mind NEVER stops, and I joke with people, but it's true, he is already stumping us with his questions and thoughts (are you smarter than a three year old?) He shows more and more independence each day and ALWAYS makes us laugh. Our good days far outweigh the bad, and even though pants and long sleeves are way to "fancy" for this three year old, we would not change a thing about him.
Can't wait to see what's in store in the next six months (keeping our fingers crossed!)
Has really started to take his time with coloring!
A day in the life -- Always showing Grant one thing or another
Football with Daddy is a favorite
No more training wheels (I have never seen him so proud of himself)
He gave his first NBA game a serious thumbs-up
His energy level? Kind of OFF THE CHARTS!
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this kid??
Still takes "rests" but they have to be on the couch or in Mommy's bed (hey, whatever works!)
Practicing our Angry Bird Faces (Mommy clearly needs more practice)
A nightly routine "if" we have good eating habits throughout the day
Even insists on doing his grocery shopping by himself
Brother's make the BEST pals!
And he is ALWAYS cracking himself up...
This family would not be the same without our crazy red head
We love you to the Moon and Back, Connor Josef!











No comments:
Post a Comment