Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chalk it to me



Lately, I have seen so many DIY shows ( Joe and I are kind of obsessed with HGTV) showing how to  make your very own chalkboard on a wall in your house.  How cool is that?  A chic way of decorating that is very functional yet can also be inspiring.  I quickly decided that we had to do it.

After scouring the house for a wall where we could attempt this on, I thought about Connors playroom, and how much fun he would have drawing all over a BIG wall, and not even get in trouble for it (so cool, right?)  We could practice his letters, numbers, you name it!

So I bought the paint and supplies and put Joe to work.  After a few nights of painting and touch up, the chalkboard was ready to go.

Initially Connor was VERY confused when I gave him a piece of chalk and told him to go-to-town, but he soon caught on, and now that he has this new found freedom,  I am a LITTLE concerned about the rest of the walls in the house!?  Wish us luck...
The wall in the making...
Connor's first go at the new chalkboard!
Enjoying this new activity

Wow, look at that masterpiece!

(P.S. After looking at this post, my son WILL be getting a haircut Pronto!)

No comments:

Post a Comment