Monday, May 16, 2011

20 Week Ultra Sound

20 Week ultra sound

Last week, Joe and I had our 20 week ultra sound to see our baby girl!  We invited Lynne to join us because she had never seen an ultra sound before, and it really is pretty amazing how much your baby has developed at this stage of pregnancy. 

When we went in to see her, the ultrasound tech asked if we knew the gender, and I smiled and said “Yep, we sure do but for some reason I feel like you are going to tell me something different today.” (yes, I really said that) She replied with “No, that typically doesn’t happen this far along.”  As she put the Doppler on my belly, we saw our growing baby - The tech looked at the spine, legs and head and then very subtlety said “Oh, HE looks beautiful!”  WAIT, what did she just say???  I quickly interrupted with “Actually, we were told it was a girl?  Are you sure” Without any hesitation, she flashed over his privates, and said “There is no doubt that this is a BOY!”  

The picture that confirmed the gender
(see the arrow??  Yep, there is no doubt!) 

As I looked over at my husband in utter disbelief, he had the biggest grin you have ever seen on his face with his eye balls about the size of saucers.  It was evident that he was very happy with the change of events, while I lay there still in shock!  Yep, we are having another BOY.

Joe knew that I was really looking forward to having a boy and a girl in our house, but he said something to me while waiting for the Dr. to come in that made it all o.k. “Erin, I really wanted another boy because I have a brother, he is my best friend, and I really want that for Connor.”  That’s all I needed to hear.  Connor is going to have a BROTHER, Yea! 

 Needless to say, we are extremely happy to welcome our newest little man into our family.  He is healthy and growing like a weed! Little boy, we already love you and can’t wait to meet you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment