As I approached my 32nd week of pregnancy, I began to panic because the baby's nursery had not even been touched - I kept telling myself "oh, you have plenty of time" until I recently looked at the calendar and realized that his arrival is coming a lot sooner than later and I actually have NO time.
It just seems like second time around, I have been focused on other things ( like chasing around a 2 year old), so the time has just sort of gotten past me? Connors nursery was painted, accessorized, clothes were washed, blankets neatly folded and put in place by month 7. His room was done at this point in the game, and this time around, here we are with just a few weeks to go and I had not even picked out the paint color for the room! Yikes.
I knew that I wanted this nursery to be completely different from Connor's. Different vibe, colors, feel, etc. Just wanted to switch it up a bit... SO, I finally decided on color scheme, and literally put Joe to work. Joe has spent countless hours in our baby boys room trying to implement my "vision" which isn't always easy. He has been VERY patient throughout the process and I am very thankful that he puts on his grubbies every night after work, and heads directly upstairs, down the hall and shuts the door. It's crunch time and Joe is making some serious progress.
Though we are not done with the room ( I still have quite a bit to get done - BUT we will get there), I have tried to document the process so that our little prince will know that a lot of love and effort went into his new digs.
A few pictures of the process:
Once the paint color was selected, it was official "go" time..
And so the painting began...
And then the measuring/taping started... And Joe has made it VERY clear that this is a lot easier said than done - Sorry Honey?!
And more painting took place...
A few accessories have been purchased...
And a few NEW things for baby have been bought (but not washed -yet)..
As we are putting the finishing touches on the nursery, I am liking what I am seeing - Joe has really done a good job!
I will take a picture of the room when it's complete - Which will be shortly. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment