Well, let's just say he doesn't quite have the love of soccer (yet!) that his Mommy has.
He would be very excited to put on his "soccer shoes" but without fail, every time we pulled up to the field, he'd say "Mommy, I don't want to play soccer, I don't like it!" With a little bribing, and promises of lollipops after practice, Connor managed to at least get out on the field.
He would do o.k. in the beginning, but half way through practice, he was sitting next to me on the bench asking for something to eat? He also seemed a little directionally challenged with what way to kick the soccer ball, and didn't really grasp the concept of no hands?! Oh, and his favorite part of practice was the water breaks...We've got a little bit of work to do here, folks...
Long story short - It was a DISASTER, and I guess I have myself to blame. I should have waited a few more months -- Oh well, we will have to give it another try again next season.
A few pics. of our "rookie":
| His favorite part of practice is putting on his "Soccer Shoes" |
We start off strong...
Nice form buddy!
The SC Rookies in action
...and typically, this is how we end.
Wish us luck next season!
No comments:
Post a Comment